...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Thursday, January 8, 2009

hope

Firstly, thanks to all of you who sent up prayers for my brother and his wife, on the loss of their baby. Apparently my brother can already say that Bella has been a blessing in their life and did not leave this world without having an affect on it. It has brought he and Marissa closer together. I was so glad to hear this, because something like this has just as much potential to drive a couple apart.

My brother wrote a letter to Bella that was read at her funeral. I guess many men have gone into "silent" mode after such a tragedy. My brother has been a tower of strength and has probably surprised himself.

As heartbreaking as this loss is to them, they are already talking about trying again once they get the green light. This shows their strength and courage.

I'm sure they will always feel the loss, and have many miles to walk before their hearts don't feel constantly raw. At the same time, I pray that Bella some day has a younger brother or sister.

Thanks again for praying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was so right on and appropriate that i sent the link to brad to read...it will encourage him and marissa.
i love you my daughter,
mom

Anonymous said...

Just checkin in to see how you are... still praying. ~sb

Heidi said...

Thanks sb. :o)