...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

may no man's reigns ever chain you

I posted this almost 2 years ago I think. This song will always make me stop dead in my tracks and be still and somberly listen. I've always thought of it as a song for women who are oppressed* in relationships. This is not my personal situation, but I know it is for countless many.

It's like a prayer.



All the wild horses
All the wild horses
Tethered with tears in their eyes
May no man's touch ever tame
May no man's reigns ever chain you
And may no man's weight ever defrayed your soul
And as for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away
Roll away
As for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away
Roll away

Live version:



*"People who are oppressed are treated cruelly or are prevented from having the same opportunities, freedom, and benefits as others" (Google). "to put down; subdue or suppress." (Dictionary.com) . "to burden spiritually or mentally : weigh heavily upon" (merriam-webster.com)

1 comment:

thefisherlady said...

a new song for me but not a new thought... nicely shared.
I was praying tonight under the stars for the many oppressed and hurting that our Father of all mercies might hug them big tonight...