...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

wow

Found this verse today in my new copy of the Amplified Bible*, and it really struck me:
Or do you suppose that the Scripture is speaking to no purpose that says, The Spirit Whom He has caused to dwell in us yearns over us and He yearns for the Spirit [to be welcome] with a jealous love? (James 4:5, Amplified Bible)
I'm still learning to grasp the concept that the Holy Spirit has deeply profound emotions. Meditating on that will be life-changing.

*the guy at the Canadian Bible Society asked me if I had had an Amplified Bible before and I told him no, but that I'd heard many people refer to it a lot lately. He told me I was in for a treat. He wasn't kidding! I got a $15 paperback version on sale and I can see I'll have it falling apart in no time. The next one will be in leather for sure.

1 comment:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hello Heidi,

A good colourful blog.

Russ from BC and via Blogger next blog

Happy Weekend.:)