...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

i am blessed


I am blessed.

I have a Father who is more sweet, kind, loving, helpful, nurturing, strengthening, and understanding than any human could ever hope to be towards me. He's Light in the darkness, and Joy in the morning.

I have a husband who has a new level of insight into who I really am. He respects me. He continually affirms me. He's my biggest defender. He's my safety net.

I have a marriage where open and honest communication is held in high regard. There is no fear where love exists. That's not to say it's easy, but it's an atmosphere that fosters growth and intimacy.

I have two fantastic kids that I simply don't deserve. They are so good and insightful, smarter than many adults I know.

I have friends who seem up for the challenge of not confining me to the person they expect me to be. Friendships are going deeper than ever before, and for that I'm grateful.
For winter's rains and ruins are over,
And all the season of snows and sins;
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins.

~ Algernon Charles Swinburne (1837–1909)

No comments: