...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

me time & movies


Once in a blue, green, purple moon friday I plan to have a "me myself & I midnight film festival" of sorts. This friday will be "Steel Magnolias". Yes, it's true, I've never seen it. I plan to choose movies that might make Jon snore, though to give him credit, he's entirely capable of watching any movie of any genre, be it chick flick or not.

It's been ages since I've had a quiet night to myself. I'd forgotten how nice it is to be free from telephone calls and daytime stuff. Perhaps it's good to have "me time" long before it becomes truly necessary. Preventive medicine.

I have yet to choose movie #2 for the same night, though I will indeed choose another just in case. I'm a night hawk after all.

To start, I found this list of "20 Movies All Women Should See".

I'll knit, record quotable quotes, snack, sip, and enjoy the night.

*not my popcorn photo. just sayin'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Steel Magnolias. Get your tissues ready to wipe your tears away from not only the sad parts but also from the funny parts where you laugh so hard you're crying!

Anonymous said...

I watched 27 Dresses last night that was a good chick flick :-)

Heidi said...

We watched 27 Dresses a week or so ago, it was cute!