...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Friday, June 20, 2008

sometimes i want to write


Sometimes I want to write something. What I'm REALLY feeling. What I'm REALLY thinking. What I'm REALLY experiencing. What I'm REALLY disappointed about. What I'm REALLY angry about. Then I read things like this:
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
And then I'm quiet again. And I wait. And I let God handle it. And keep my hands clean. Cuz that's a nice feeling. Then I can go off and happily play and enjoy what God's given me, or I can go off and pray for people that need healing of diseases, or people who are being oppressed by other people or things. Those far off, and those close by. And life has purpose again.

(colossians 3:12-14; galatians 6:9; 1 peter 3:8,9; james 3:17,19)

No comments: