...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anti-tithing interview

In my last post I mention a lot of what Russell Kelly wrote at his website. I had started a WordPad document feverishly copying and pasting info taken from multiple websites to later show my hubby. I ended up using a lot of Mr. Kelly's words in my post and I hope I've clearly noted that. I admit I got ahead of myself in my enthusiasm!

After posting yesterday I realized just how much research, study, and work Mr. Kelly has put into this whole subject. He's even written a book called, Should the Church Teach Tithing? A Theologian's Conclusions about a Taboo Doctrine. (By the way, I have NO affiliation with Amazon.com. Just sayin')

Last night Jon and I started watching this series of phone interviews at YouTube, at least until Jon started nodding off. My fault for wanting to watch this at 11pm!

We're going to pick it up later on this evening, but I'm going to post it here for interest's sake.
"Bernie Dehler interviews Russell Kelly and George W. Green. Why is the doctrine of "Christian Tithing" so wrong? What is the best argument from tithe teachers, and why is it wrong? Are those against "Christian Tithing" just simply being stingy?"







No comments: