...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

He turns sin into strength

today's meditation

This morning I copied the following into my journal while my daughter Faith and I were in the waiting room at the doctor's office. I'm glad I had chosen this particular book to throw in my purse because I had a hard time deciding which book to take with me (I'm juggling three at the moment). I'm right there with this quote.
"Our checkered careers, our utter sinfulness and degradation, our falling into all manner of vain seeking, become by the grace of God on the cross and in the resurrection, the inevitable writing of wisdom on our hearts. Our hurts and sins have become our schooling and preparation. Would that we could learn purity the easy way. Praise God that His mercy is such that He turns the depth of our sin into the strength of ministry. We're not proud of our wrongdoing, but the sweet grace of God is such that in the end we thank Him for it. Our sins have rather become our training for high calling than our disqualification." ~ John Sanford, "The Elijah Task"
Living in gratitude for being a rescued one...

2 comments:

onelittlemustardseed said...

This is very good...love the photo too! I should get this book. I'm reading about john wycliff...what is the title of your book?

Heidi said...

It's "The Elijah Task" by John Sandford. It was published in 1977!! I'll be posting more quotes, there's more where that came from!

John Wycliff!! Cool!