...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

it's confirmed, i'm a wishful dreamer!

life is but a dream
(by a fellow etsy seller)


Not so long ago, I gained a step-dad in Lawrence at the age of 40, and I'm thrilled my mom has him in her life. I've been enjoying his recent comments. He has a way of challenging my thinking that is thought provoking. I love that because it's a rare gift. It's what I need and pray for.

Here's something interesting he said yesterday in the comments:
"What you are hinting at requires a genuine heart desire filled with love and laying everything else aside. This requires a cost and i'm not sure that there are those who really want to move with God that strongly, because of the work and effort it would take to make a change. The buzz words being mindsets and paradigms."
Ah, the path of least resistance! Though I'll never resign myself to the status quo, I guess this confirms once again that I have and always will be a dreamer. :-)

This girl will continue to believe that Jesus' way will always be cutting edge, radical, and new. Although God is not confined by the 66 books of the Bible, I'll also continue to believe that the principles laid out in the NT for having a healthy community are timeless.

In the end, my heart cry is not for something new (we already have that), but for healthy maturing Christian community where we reflect the nature and the heart of Jesus, in spite of ourselves.

2 comments:

L. said...

Sweet Heidi,
Thank you for your kind words and love.
i also am a dreamer and God has a very special place in his heart for us, because we will not be confined.
We inherit through a Hebrew lineage
the greatness of God and those who went before us, as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and also Joseph, who at an appointed time this dreamer was brought to accomplish great things to the glory of God.
We need you to dream and dream as large as you can.
God doesn't want to be confined either.
Dreamers don't make sense in a world of logic, but without them we might still be in the stone age.
i reading a book about dreams and science. The writer talks about scientists who were studying their unconsciousness and when they wanted to come to a conclusion for all their work effort, would go home early so they could sleep and dream. Many of their conclusions came during the dream state.
So don't stop at being "wishful" but persue the impossible in a Kingdom reality where all things are possible.
Abba dabba daddy oh... LOL
(he's the BEST!!)

Love ya large,
L.

Heidi said...

Oh, I love that..."we will not be confined". That is so me also.

I too have read and heard about scientists and inventors getting solutions through dreams.

This reminds me of when I was weight training and was very disciplined about my diet and was consuming too much protein and it was giving me some side effects and I was researching intensely, trying to figure out how many grams per day were best. Within a couple days I had a dream that I was at the grocery store and picked up some beef to buy and it said 40g of protein. This turned out to be perfect for me. Pretty cool huh?

I'm reading Joy Parrott's "Parables in the Night Seasons" that my spiritual warrior mentor lent me. I've already filled up 17 pages in my journal of notes from it!

:o)