...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

until it is healed

I'm not in a place of sorrow, and I don't exactly abhor people (I do struggle with trust issues), and yet I can relate to this quote, minus the last 2 words.
The sorrowful spirit finds relaxation in solitude. It abhors people, as a wounded deer deserts the herd and lives in a cave until it is healed or dead. ~ Kahlil Gibran
*I keep editing this post in an attempt to make my thoughts more clear!

2 comments:

Roaming With A Hungry Heart said...

Interesting quote. I can relate. Although it's hard to heal oneself when you're married and you have to explain yourself all the time, when sometimes there are no words.

Heidi said...

Ah, now that's a tough one. :o(

For me, it's actually an "us", as in hubby and myself, so we have each other to cling to while in the "cave".

It's hard going it alone.