...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Dear Diary,

It's Christmas Eve. Tonight we went to our church's Christmas Eve service. Jon thought it started at 6:30pm, but he was wrong. I normally would confirm the time with someone else, but I uncharacteristically didn't. We arrived a half-an-hour late. I'm kinda glad though, cuz even though it was awkward (eeeeek!!) walking in late, it affected me profoundly. Sounds mysterious huh? Let's just say I was reminded of heartfelt prayers I prayed last December. We'll leave it at that.

It was a nice service, but short for us, ha ha! I'm glad though.

We dropped the kids off at home and went to the house of a friend of Jon's, but just for an hour or so. Faith was not impressed. We had just missed the crowd, so it was just family that we hung out with. It was nice. I'm usually not comfortable with people I don't know from Adam (is that a saying?), but I liked being out of my element and just relaxing on their couch while sipping whiskey that we had brought mixed with Diet Coke that they had. My only concern was getting sleepy and becoming useless for the rest of the evening. Two strong drinks and I'm still operational. Phew! Jon and I plan to crack open a bottle of champagne later. How romantic!

Well I still have presents to wrap, and Jon and I plan to watch a movie and eat some shrimp and seafood dip, spicy, even though Jon wanted mild - I like to expand his horizons. Jon likes it when I expand his horizons.

Goodnight dear diary. May I not forget to be tender-hearted this season and beyond.

No comments: