...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

my december

This December I've really not felt that tingly Christmas spirit. We only just started Christmas shopping on the 19th, and that's just for our 2 kids. We're pretty much done. It's a quick job when your budget is modest. Jon and I can't afford to exchange gifts. We're not buying any gifts for anyone outside of our little family. School tuition eats up our money (and more). Doesn't it sound like I'm lamenting?! You know what though, it's been our happiest December ever! Never have I ever felt more content and happy. Jon feels it too. He's so relaxed and carefree about this holiday. It's not Santa that has a twinkle in his eye in this house, it's me and my baby!

The kids are just as content. They are off school after all. Faith is happy to be baking sugar cookies. She's happy knowing she'll get a few new things tomorrow morning. She's happy to be watching old Christmas movies with me while Jon is at work and Mitchell is playing his PC games.

Tomorrow we don't need to be anywhere so we'll cook our own turkey dinner. I'm looking forward to that more than anything!

This has been the sweetest December ever for Jon and I. The whole month has been very romantic. I'm so grateful to God for this whole year. It's been the most blessed year of our lives. I almost hate to see December end, because God saved the best for last in 2008.

Merry Christmas!!!
"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." - Hamilton Wright Mabie

No comments: