...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

a life coach

my daughter

So I went and hired me a life coach. Not two days ago it finally occurred to me that I need professional help in my life. What part of life? The doing part. I have the best of intentions, be it house projects, my home business, or workouts, but I seriously struggle with following through. I get hyper-focused on something and let everything else fall by the wayside. Then I burn out. That leaves a trail of unfinished business and one overwhelmed woman. It's taken me all this time to realize that nothing is going to change unless I do something drastic.

I could simply determine to do better, but it occurred to me that the bravest and most proactive thing I could do is hire a life coach. This is not something we can afford, but can I really afford to risk wasting any more precious time? What if this step ends up being life changing?

I stumbled onto a Christian life coach who resides in the lovely province of Alberta. Her services are actually VERY reasonable and she offers more than your average life coach out there. Many offer limited e-mails per week but she welcomes unlimited e-mailing. Here's what she says about how she views her role as a life coach:
"My mission is to coach women who are in a season of life in which they are seeking new direction, a fresh start, challenging opportunities, spiritual growth, a new vision for using their giftedness and passions, and that by God’s power will help them become more of who they are meant to be, living life in all its fullness." ~ Jenell Pluim
Jenell and I spoke on the phone yesterday and at the end of our conversation, she asked if I wanted time to think about partnering together, or did I want to go ahead and get things started. The only appropriate answer was: let's do this!! She was so warm and understanding. She was easy to talk to. I think we're going to be a great fit. She ended with praying for me, and wow that truly blessed my heart.
"Not to dream boldly may turn out to be simply irresponsible." ~ George Leonard

2 comments:

Hella said...

wow! what a great thing you are doing! an awesome idea...good for you!
blessings!
mom
xoxo

onelittlemustardseed said...

Good for you!!!!