...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Friday, October 31, 2008

eat, drink, and be merry

One of the guys in Jon's department is having a big Halloween costume party this weekend. I'll finally get to meet some of the interesting guys I often hear about. Jon is going as a boxer who's seen better days (though you should see the other guy!). I'm going as a medieval maiden. I dare not say I'm a medieval barmaid lest I get conned into fetching drinks! I'm really looking forward to it, except for the fact that I just starting cutting back on my calories and eating super clean. Parties = drinking = losing all willpower over food. My son says "eat, drink, and be merry". I know he's right, but this is only day 4 of my weight loss endeavor and I'm doing really well. Crap!

This is one of my favourite somber autumn songs by Hawksley Workman:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to loose weight? Surely not! Enjoy the party and eat, drink and be merry!