...ancient words of new wisdom live, breathe
as i am born to become a living poem...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

life

Jon is at the gym and I would have gone with him except I'm sooooo tired. I find sunday mornings emotionally draining, but not in a bad way (not too much any way). Too many varying emotions packed into a couple hours is exhausting. Even so, I wouldn't trade it for sleeping in.

I don't look forward to having to get up early tomorrow to drive the kids to school, but I'm glad I get to have a good chunk of the day to myself, to knit, and process my thoughts in quietness. I've had a humbling week and it's had a ripple effect on me that I'm sure will last for quite awhile.

This week I must resist, as best I can, working on personal knitting and get my butt moving on my knitting-to-generate-an-income projects. Being a girl, it's hard to not touch the vest I'm working on, or the new cardi I want to start.

Supper is made. Baked salmon, and herbed green beans, which taste nothing like the ones Jon brought home from a restaurant the other night. Why??!!
“When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.” ~ Stephen Hawking (English Physicist, b.1942)

No comments: